The Child Passenger Safety Basic Awareness Course was developed by cops for cops. The goal of the CORE (Child Occupant Restraint Enforcement) course is to create an awareness of the importance of CPS (Child Passenger Safety) education and enforcement in preventing child passenger deaths and injuries. The course offers 4 hours of TCOLE credit and is available to Law Enforcement agencies at no cost. The Texas Municipal Police Association has teamed up with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) to provide this free training.
After this class individuals will be able to:
- Understand and explain occupant restraint laws vs. “best practice recommendations.
- Detect major and potentially harmful FPS and seat belt law violations.
- Identify local, state and national CPS resources.
- Provide basic information to parents on correct child restraint use.
- Understand and support the enforcement of existing child passenger safety statutes.
- Develop effective strategies for assisting parent and other caregivers in the correct use of CPS devices.
- This is NOT a certification course and should not be confused with the Nation CPS Certification Program.
For scheduling information contact:
|January||Location of Class||District|
|January 16, 2018||Dallas CO Constable Pct. 1||Dallas|
|January 18 – 0800||Harker CO Constable Pct. 1||Waco|
|January 18 – 1200||Harker CO Constable Pct. 1||Waco|
|January 19 – TBD||Northside ISD Police||San Antonio|
|January 24 – TBD||Leon CO SO||Bryan|
|February||Location of Class||District|
|February 23 – TBD||Texas Justice Courts||San Antonio|
|May||Location of Class||District|
|May 10 – TBD||Lubbock CO SO||Lubbock|
|May 16 – 1300||Burleson PD||Fort Worth|
|May 17 – 0800||Burleson PD||Fort Worth|
|June||Location of Class||District|
|June 7 – TBD||Lubbock CO SO||Lubbock|