The Child Passenger Safety Basic Awareness Course was developed by cops for cops. The goal of the CORE (Child Occupant Restraint Enforcement) course is to create an awareness of the importance of CPS (Child Passenger Safety) education and enforcement in preventing child passenger deaths and injuries. The course offers 4 hours of TCOLE credit and is available to Law Enforcement agencies at no cost. The Texas Municipal Police Association has teamed up with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) to provide this free training.
After this class individuals will be able to:
- Understand and explain occupant restraint laws vs. “best practice recommendations.
- Detect major and potentially harmful FPS and seat belt law violations.
- Identify local, state and national CPS resources.
- Provide basic information to parents on correct child restraint use.
- Understand and support the enforcement of existing child passenger safety statutes.
- Develop effective strategies for assisting parent and other caregivers in the correct use of CPS devices.
- This is NOT a certification course and should not be confused with the Nation CPS Certification Program.
For scheduling information contact:
|April 11 – TBD||Fredericksburg Police Department||Austin|
|April 17 – TBD||Middle Rio Grande Regional LE Academy||San Antonio|
|April 18 – TBD||Uvalde County Sheriff’s Office||San Antonio|
|April 25 – TBD||Caldewell Police Department||Bryan|
|May 9 – TBD||Missouri City Police Department||Houston|
|May 10 – TBD||Lubbock County Sheriff’s Office||Lubbock|
|May 16 – 1300||Columbus Police Department||Yoakum|
|May 16 – 1300||Burleson Police Department||Fort Worth|
|May 17 – 0800||Burleson Police Department||Fort Worth|
|May 21 – 1400||Snyder Police Department||Abilene|
|May 22 – 0800||Snyder Police Department||Abilene|
|June 7 – TBD||Lubbock County Sheriff’s Office||Lubbock|