The Statewide Comprehensive Law Enforcement Liaison (LEL) Support and Distracted Driving for Peace Officers program elevates traffic safety throughout the State of Texas, works in an all-inclusive supportive role with the Texas Department of Transportation, providing education on the topics such as Distracted Driving- Law Enforcement, Child Passenger Restraint Enforcement, STOPS, Distracted Driving- Adults, Lurking in the Data, Social Harm, Build a Grant, Grant Management, Introduction to Child Passenger Safety, and Speed.
The LEL program has expanded to providing full TxDOT support for all selective traffic enforcement programs (STEP’s), Click It or Ticket and Impaired Driving incentive mobilizations.
In addition, our LEL staff provides comprehensive technical support and assistance with reporting to the Texas Department of Transportation’s (TxDOT) eGrants systems.
Law Enforcement Liaison Menu of Services
- Meet with new perspective traffic safety subgrantees to generate interest in Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) grant opportunities.
- Provide training to law enforcement on traffic safety grant proposals and grant creation.
- Provide training to law enforcement agencies on traffic safety grant management and use of eGrants.
- Promote traffic safety incentive programs.
- Assist subgrantee agencies with underperformance issues.
- Assist subgrantee agencies with eGrants Performance reporting and Request for reimbursements
- Accompany Traffic Safety Specialist when requested.
- Provide assistance to Traffic Safety Specialist when requested at traffic related events, campaigns, conferences or community events to promote TxDOT programs.
- Perform as the liaison between TxDOT and law enforcement agencies.
- Provide distracted driving presentations to law enforcement.
- Provide traffic safety presentations to governmental agencies upon request and by approval of TxDOT PTS Program Manager.
- Provide child passenger safety seat education to partner organizations and assists at CPS checkup events per LEL availability.
- Any request outside this Menu of Services must be approved by the TxDOT PTS Program Manager.
To learn more, contact Emma Padron, Program Coordinator at 512-454-8900 or toll free at 800-848-2088.